Free School Meals
Children who receive one of the benefits listed below can get free school meals.
If you are a parent or carer, and you get one of the benefits listed, your child may receive free school meals, but you do need to apply for them online.
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you have an annual income of £16,190 before tax or less)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Apply online now or call 0300 123 4048
Click here for information and the online application form