Residential Educational Provision (REP)
Lonsdale School is fortunate to have "OUTSTANDING" Residential Educational Provision (Ofsted 2017).
REP enables us to offer a uniquely special 24 hour educational experience. We have four modern, well equipped flats with especially adapted bathrooms, a homely lounge area and a fully functional kitchen where those important nutritional snacks can be prepared.
Purpose and Aims of REP
To support our pupils to:-
- Participate in educational learning activities
- Develop independence through informed choices and practical life skills
- Achieve autonomy, resilience and well-being
- Develop friendship opportunities in a safe environment
- Access a range of social/leisure activities that promote and support interests and creative abilities
- Interact with peers faced with similar challenges in order to develop social skills and learn appropriate behaviour
- Prepare for their place in society through a broad educational programme